The second phase of Youth Voice Campaign in Azerbaijan has started with the Regional Campaign “Azerbaijani Youth in Action for Better Future” organized jointly by the UN Population Fund (UNFPA), the National Assembly of Youth Organizations of the Republic of Azerbaijan (NAYORA) and the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The regional Campaign has taken place in 3 regions from Azerbaijan: Lankran, Ismayilli and Aghdam, where young people have participated in 5 days trainings and consultations. Moreover, young people expressed their commitment to active participation in creating the world they deserve, following the regional discussions and consultations held within the framework of the Regional Campaign.
The regional training sessions resulted in development of the Declaration “Azerbaijani Youth in Action for a Better Future”. The declaration was officially presented to the Ministry of Youth and Sports and Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan, during the conference at Azerbaijan Diplomatic Academia in Baku, on 22 September, 2015.
The declaration is based on the feedback retrieved from the youth residing in the rural districts and/or regions. The declaration is expected not only to have the information on the priority youth issues to be addressed in the post-2015 development agenda, but also to emphasize the need for proactive engagement of youth in all participatory platforms established for these purposes.
In the declaration young people present their vision on the issues and call for:
- Protection of youth health, with a special focus on awareness raising strategies for preventing HIV/AIDS and eliminating the related stigma and discrimination in the society;
- Empowerment of young women, prevention of the cases of early and forced marriages, conduction of awareness raising campaigns on gender equality;
- Provision of equal opportunities and non-formal education for promotion of accessible quality education for youth;
- Use of innovative approaches and promotion of youth entrepreneurship to encourage youth employment;
- Promoting youth participation in decision-making processes through more active engagement in public activities based on the international best practices.
For more information about Youth Voice Campaign in Azerbaijan please follow the links below: