Recognizing May 17 as the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia (IDAHOT), the Youth Coalition for Sexual and Reproductive Rights is calling on all young activists to speak up on LGBT rights through Free Expression!
The Youth Coalition for Sexual and Reproductive Rights (YCSRR) is an international organization of young people (ages 18-29 years) committed to promoting adolescent and youth sexual and reproductive rights at the national, regional and international levels. We are students, researchers, lawyers, health care professionals, educators, development workers, and most importantly: we are all dedicated activists.
Submit Your Art:
Young LGBT in 2015: Where are we now?
While we celebrate the advancements that countries worldwide have made in recognizing the rights of LGBT people, including those of young lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, many still face adverse discrimination and violence, among other human rights violations, because of their sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
In recognition of the progress made and the challenges ahead, the Youth Coalition for Sexual and Reproductive Rights (YCSRR) invites young people (12-29 years old) to submit original work (posters, infographics, pictures, postcards, videos, etc) on the theme “LGBT rights are human rights.” To create awareness of LGBT rights and the particular realities of young LGBT people, selected submissions will be featured on the YCSRR website and used during the YCSRR social media campaign during International Day against Homophobia and Transphobia (IDAHOT). Submissions may also be considered for inclusion in the upcoming YCSRR Watchdog on IDAHOT.
Suggested submission subtopics (but not limited to):
- Decriminalization of Homosexuality
- Diverse Families
- Homophobic Bullying
- LGBTIQ young people
Each participant can submit up to three images or videos. The format of image files must be JPG. Videos should not exceed a length of three minutes and must meet the requirements found here: http://vimeo.com/help/compression.
- All content must be original with all necessary copyright permissions. Content with copyright violations (including but not limited to background music used without permission or copyrighted images appearing in photograph/video) will not be considered.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- All entries must align with the YCSRR Principles and Values. Entries with homophobic or otherwise discriminatory content will not be considered, without exception.
- Submissions from both professional and non-professionals are welcome.
- All content submitted must be created entirely by a person or group of people aged 12-29, without exception.
- Please include your full name, country of citizenship/residence and date of birth with your submission.
Deadline for Submissions:
Please send your submissions at with subject line “YCSRR IDAHOT Design Submission” no later than 10th April 2015.
Submit Your Writing:
IDAHOT 2015 Watchdog on LGBT Youth
The Youth Coalition for Sexual and Reproductive Rights (YCSRR) is calling on all SRHR and LGBTQI advocates to submit articles on the 2015 IDAHOT for our upcoming Watchdog Publication!
The YCSRR is organizing a special online edition of our Watchdog for the IDAHOT 2015. We aim to share the experiences of young people from diverse parts of the world facing homophobia and transphobia. The Watchdog will be launched on 17 May 2015, the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia.
As many of you know, the YCSRR produces an event-based publication, the Watchdog, which is used as an advocacy tool with policy and decision makers at many international conferences and events that we attend. As the IDAHOT is a global event, we have decided to once again prepare a special online edition, which will be published on our website and through our social media channels.
We are looking for articles on the following topics:
- The advances of Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity issues at the United Nations;
- The challenges that LGBTQI communities face in exercising their freedom of expression;
- Diversity of families;
- The challenges of young people around the world facing homophobia and transphobia.
Only submissions written by young people under 30 years of age will be considered. Exceptions may be made for group submissions if written primarily by young people under the age of 30.
We strongly encourage young people under the age of 18 to submit articles. Articles are welcome in any widely spoken language (not necessarily UN languages), should be submitted in word format and should not exceed 1 page, single-spaced (600 words). All submissions must align with the YCSRR Principles and Values. Entries with homophobic or otherwise discriminatory content will not be considered, without exception. Please include your full name, country of citizenship/residence and date of birth with your submission. Original images will also be considered for publication.
Deadline for Submissions:
Please send your submissions at with subject line “YCSRR IDAHOT Watchdog Submission” no later than 10th April 2015.